How do I care for my jewellery?
Jewellery is one of our most intimate and cherished accessories. Understanding how to care for and protect your treasured jewellery ca n make a world of difference in maintaining its beauty and keeping your heirlooms sparkling for generations to come.
All Raimondo pieces are made from quality gold or sterling silver. Some of the silver is gold plated, which means that eventually, the plating will wear off. This entirely depends on how you wear your jewellery, what chemicals and creams it comes in contact with and your skins acidity.
At Raimondo, we believe in creating sustainable jewellery that can be worn and treasured for years to come. But do keep in mind that jewellery is still precious and care needs to be taken whilst wearing it, we recommend avoiding exposure to any impact, pressure or extreme temperatures. Metal, natural gemstones and even diamonds can crack or chip upon impact with the wrong object. Chemicals and some household substances can weaken metal or damage natural gemstones, even if not immediately apparent.
The most important factor in caring for your jewellery, is understanding appropriate wear. As much as we want you to love and enjoy wearing your jewellery, its important to remove your jewellery when:
- Showering or swimming
- Applying cosmetic products or perfumes
- Exercising, especially at the gym. Keep it safe and take it off.
- Doing any hands on work, where your jewellery is exposed to chemicals or force.
GOLD OR PLATINUM JEWELLERY
As with the metals above, prolonged or repeated exposure to chlorine or other chemicals in cleaning products can harm your gold jewellery.
- We recommend that you remove your jewellery when gardening or cleaning to reduce abrasions and prolong the lustre.
- To clean gold jewellery, use a solution of warm water and detergent-free soap with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Then, polish it with a specialised cloth or cleaning solution.
- When not worn, store your gold pieces in soft cloth bags or the original box to help prevent scratches.
The same rules apply when looking after your precious gemstones
- Stay away from extreme or excessive light and heat and these can fade, bleach or damage your stones (especially with Amethyst, Kunzite, Topaz, shell cameos and Pearls).
- Keep away from chemicals.
- Extreme pressure and hard knocks can chip or crack even diamonds, so take care.
- Pearls should not be cleaned with any jewellery cleaner but only with a soft cloth or special pearl cleaner. They should be stored separately in a box with a soft surface.
NEED A REPAIR?
Damage to jewellery can happen due to normal wear and tear or if one is not careful with the jewellery item, remember jewellery is delicate. We will repair the piece at no charge if the jewel has been damaged due to a manufacturing default. However, there will be a repair fee charged to the customer if damage has occurred at their own hands and this amount will be determined after inspection of the product.
If for any reason you lose or damage your jewellery, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help. We are happy to make individual earrings if required.
You will be responsible for any courier costs incurred in getting the piece to and from our studio. We are happy to arrange courier collection on your behalf.