How to find your ring size?
Your ring should fit your finger comfortably - snug enough so that it will not fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle, for easy wear and removal.
Your finger size changes depending on the time of day and the weather. For best results, measure your finger size:
- At the end of the day and when your fingers are warm (Fingers are smaller in the early morning and when cold).
- Measure finger size about 3 to 4 times to eliminate a wrong reading.
- For the most accurate reading, head down to a local jeweller near you to have your ring size measured. Just be sure to check the unit of measure so that you can do the conversion to the EU ring sizing that we use!
MEASURE AN EXISTING RING
- Select a ring that properly fits the intended finger. (Engagement and wedding rings are traditionally worn on the ring finger on the left hand.)
- Place the ring over the circles below, matching the inside edge of the ring to the circle nearest in size. This measurement refers to the inside diameter of the ring.
- If the ring falls between two sizes, order the larger size.
RING SIZES IN SOUTH AFRICA
Women’s rings typically range from size F to T1/2. The most commonly purchased women’s ring sizes at Raimondo range from size J1/2 to N1/2. Size L1/2 is our most popular ring size.
Men’s rings typically range from size P1/2 to Z. The most commonly purchased men’s ring sizes at Raimondo range from size P1/2 to U1/2. Size R1/2 is our most popular ring size.
TIPS FOR BUYING A RING AS A SURPRISE
Borrow one of the recipient’s rings (from the correct finger) and use the ring measurements above to determine its size. We recommend measuring with a plain band. Please make sure beforehand that the ring you are purchasing can be resized. Rings with stones or patterns all the way around usually cannot be resized. Most other rings can be resized for a nominal fee.
For best results, measure a plain, narrow band. Extra wide band styles tend to fit slightly small. If your borrowed ring has a narrower shaft than the one you wish to purchase, you may wish to order a ring a size larger than the normal size worn. Also, large stone rings may cause the shank to lift up when laid on its side on the display, slightly distorting the size measurements.
INTERNATIONAL RING SIZING
If ordering from outside of South Africa, determine your ring size according to your country’s standard, then use the International Ring Size Chart to convert to the corresponding UK/South African ring size.